2 hours until the end of 2016. While others might be out celebrating, I’ve been spending the day at home which started with a picnic on the balcony with Binh. We pretty much snacked and chilled out the whole afternoon and it was perfect! Now I’m happily sitting on my couch, reflecting on the year and writing my end of year blog post.
2016 was a massive year of learning, adjustment and achievement on the work side of things. I’m looking forward to doing more on the personal side in 2017.
- Placed my first candidate who also sent me gorgeous flowers
- SydCSS at Lookahead office after emergency location change
- Visited Melbourne a number of times for work and conferences
- Celebrated Lookahead’s 4th birthday
- Visited Cairns and discovered the power of the selfie stick
- Celebrated birthday at work with face balloons and face cakes
- Spoke at Web Directions Code about how to code review CSS properly
- Went skiing for the first time
- Saw Ben Folds live at the Sydney Opera House
- Lookahead team hang
- Ate at many great restaurants: Berta, Rice Paper Scissors, Hubert, Bloodwood, Banh Cuon place in Bankstown and Mum’s Table which is my favourite Vietnamese place in the CBD
- Hit 1 year at Lookahead
- Saw good friends (Jess and Eric, Huyen and Steve, Mel and Jase) got married
- 3 year wedding anniversary getaway
- My talk about block formatting context was referenced in a CSS-Tricks’ article. Achievement unlocked!